Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Mom

Who is my Mom I ask of myself?
Who always kept me in a good state of health?
Who listened to me when questions I had?
Who chastened me when I was a bit bad?

Who patiently taught me the “rules of the road”?
Who kept me in tow so my wild oats weren’t sowed?
Who patiently watched me when I was a child?
Who patiently calmed me when I wanted to get wild?

Who stressed to me over and over again,
If you can’t say anything good, say nothing then.
Who cried in the night when our Dad was no more?
Her heart had to be jagged, shredded and sore.

Who managed to care for us day in and day out?
Four children at home with no Dad there about.
His death was so sudden, surprised were we all,
A heavy burden upon her to carry the ball.

It was not so easy, as a home mom for years,
She went back to school and began a career.
For a woman her age seemed an impossible task,
She completed her courses and so well did she pass.

She entered the work field in the late years of her life,
So her family would not be in need or in strife.
Now as mother, I can understand her need.
To sacrifice a lot for her children indeed.

Mother’s are like this, the strong, silent ones,
But they manage to complete what needs to be done.
Sometimes life puts too many rocks in our way,
And sometimes makes for us a gray, cloudy day.

Mothers get anxious when their children are sad,
They worry about them, just more than a tad.
Thank goodness for God who put mothers on this earth!
For without them the world would not be much worth.

Written by Ruth Miller
© May, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment