Thursday, April 21, 2011

HOW RICH I AM

I was raised in a rented home on rented property,
But rich I was . . .  with a large and loving family.
I wore hand-me-down clothing from day to day,
But I was rich . . . caring not what people would say.

I could not go a lot of places for frolic and fun,
But I was rich . . . I played outdoors in the sun.
I did not party on Sunday at all,
But I was rich . . . at church I stood tall.

I did not go to private schools and such,
But I was rich . . . with Him I was in touch.
I was careful in appearance and how I was dressed,
But I was rich . . .  I passed His test.

I wasn’t allowed to consume alcoholic drinks,
But I was rich . . . never got to that brink.
I dated a few guys, childishly acting like boys,
But I was rich . . . He guided my choice.

I then found my soul mate, the one for my life,
And I was rich . . . He guided my insight.
I then became His one winter night,
And I was so rich . . . with Him as my light.

He blessed me with two children in time,
And I was rich . . . a family of mine.
I was guided in life, day in and day out,
And I was rich . . . His word had no doubt.

My children matured and are out on their own,
But I am rich . . . for their families have grown.
In the winter of life, looking back on my time,
I’ve been so rich . . . with this husband of mine.

Life has been good to me, of that there’s no doubt,
I’ve been so rich in His blessings doled out.
When my time on earth has made its debut,
So rich will I be . . . in him living anew.


Written by Ruth Miller
Thoughts of the Mind
© April 5, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment