Thursday, April 28, 2011

A PRAYER FOR MARCIA

This time is an unusual chapter as sometimes goes life,
With me, a devoted husband. . . so worried for my wife,
Something horrible occurred today,  
She slipped and fell . . . her life started slipping away

The ambulance came in optimal time,
But the wait seemed forever in my sad, sad mind.
They bundled her up and took her away,
I prayed she'd respond well and life would be okay.

Things happened so quickly, caught us by surprise,
It was all I could do to keep from wiping my eyes.
I wanted to tell her she would be okay,
That she would be home in just a few days.

She is resting now, fairly comfortable in her bed,
She looks up at me and sees my eyes red.
She knows she’s encountered a serious ordeal,
The uncertainty of life weighs heavy, oh so real.

I haven’t prayed so fervently for probably many years,
But I'm praying oh so hard dear Lord, with eyes so full of tears.
I know her life is in your hands, her healing up to you,
I hope she will be whole again, and we can start anew.

Lord keep her in your loving arms,
Please keep her safe and free for harm.
Help her return to her normal stage in life,
We still have many things to do, together as husband and wife.

We have a young son who needs her so,
I beg, please Lord, don’t let this be her time to go.
She is still young and we need her here,
Could you expand her timeline for a few more years?

I know you giveth and you taketh away,
But if you will, can you please let her stay?
I know you have such abundant love,
And I know you promise a home up above.

But we need her strength from day to day,
To keep things at our home from going astray.
She is my strength in so many ways,
She's been my soul mate for all of my days.

Joy is for me when sharing our life,
With that special closeness between husband and wife.
We set our goals and reached them, one by one,
We shared time together as each day was finally done.
We learned about each other as we went about our life,  
She is my best friend, partner, and the love of my life.

Today I sat down at her bedside and watch her sleeping deep,
My heart, my mind, my soul all slowly start to weep.
I have to be there for her and I know this oh so well,  
But just how worried I am right now, I certainly can’t her tell,

She is like an angel in her bed, so quietly as she lays,  
I pray her time on earth with me will be for many days.
I pray that you will hear my plea, I need her oh so dearly,  
I miss her when I go back home, without her I’m so weary.
I know things occur in life that we never understand,  
But I pray that you can find a way to heal her with your hands.

Written by Ruth Miller
On Marcia’s accicdent and perhaps
the thoughts of her husband for her)
© April 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment