Tuesday, April 26, 2011

TO A YOUNG LADY NAMED ZOE

 
Zoe, little child so torn,
Whom I’ve watched since you were born.
You were a child of such delight,
Your parents felt you were their light.

Through the years, you’ve grown so fine,
Remember though, you’re a child of mine.
I’m well aware of your sad, sad plight,
I’m here for you all through the night.

While your life seems heavy now,
You wipe the sweat from off your brow,
Your aches and pains come endlessly,
But this is when you talk to me.

I am so pained for you today,
Seeing you in this abnormal way,
Life is uncertain that’s for sure,
But for you my dear, there‘s hope for cure.

However, my child, I come to say,
Be so strong through each long day.
Follow through with those who care,
Life again should soon be fair.

When you feel the hurt so bad,
Talk to me, don’t be so sad.
I am here right by your side,
I will help the pain to hide.

Pain is searing, bold and wild,
Nothing with pain can be classified mild.
But sometimes through this we all must go,
Where it takes us no one knows.

Fear not about you future dear,
Whatever it holds, I will be near.
Take your life in glorious stride,
I will, always, with you abide.

We do not know at this point in time,
Just what your life will come to bind,
But whatever happens to come your way,
Always remember I’m here to stay.

Life is not prefect from day to day,
But I will help you walk the way.
We all do suffer along life’s path,
But don’t let this turn your mind to wrath.

Again be strong in your fight for life,
Talk with me daily and throughout the night.
I will help take your burdens away,
To see you to another day.

Remember my child, I died for you,
I know what pain you’re going through.
Just read my book when you find your way,
And I will be waiting for you some day.

Written for Zoe for Encouragement
© April 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment